Assignments & Schedule
7th Grade Science Syllabus 2020-2021 1st Nine Weeks
MAJOR STANDARDS AND OBJECTIVES
· The atom is the fundamental structure that interacts in various ways to build and give properties to all
· Temperature and pressure affect the behavior of atomic structures in ways that can be described as the
state of the matter.
· The periodic table is a model representing patterns in the properties of elements, compounds, and
mixtures that can be used to identify and manipulate matter.
MAJOR ASSIGNMENTS AND/OR PROJECTS
· Elemental Research- Students will research an assigned element, it’s uses, stability, and
where/why it is on it’s location on the periodic table of elements. These will also be used in
Periodic Table Bingo
· Phet Virtual Lab- How does temperature impact state change? Students will be using
Chromebooks to explore the ideas of molecular movement, and out it generates Kinetic energy.
· Mentos and Coke, Mentos and Diet Coke- Does “Diet” really make a difference in explosion
FIELD TRIPS PLANNED
· No field trips planned for this grading period.
THINGS YOU CAN DO AT HOME TO HELP YOUR CHILD
· Enter a list of 3-4 feasible things parents can do to reinforce instruction
· STEM QUEST on Pearsonrealize.com (students will need to know their log in)
· Study Periodic Table of Elements with Symbols and Atomic Numbers.
· Use the Study Materials on Meangreenscience.weebly.com and review.